Friday, August 10, 2012

My Transformation (Part 1)


One thing I have noticed about myself and other professed Christians is that we often do things that are contrary to biblical standards. I have made a conscious decision, not to just exist as an ordinary Christian, but as one who studies the Holy Bible, apply its teachings to daily living and to spread the Good News.

As I read through the Bible, I find many scriptures that have continued to guide me as the Holy Spirit takes me through this process of transformation to live a life that is pleasing to God with the hope of securing a room for me in His eternal Kingdom. A few of my favorite scriptures are:  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them (Ezekiel 36:26-27).  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness: (Ephesians 4:24).

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? (Acts 9:3-4).  Also Rom. 12:1-2 and 2 Cor. 5:17.

Saul was on his way from Jerusalem to Damascus on another one of his mission trips to persecute Christians, when he heard the question why persecutest thou me? Immediately, Saul knew the question was from the Lord. He got up from the ground only to realize that he was blind and for three days he remained blind.

But when the scales fell from his eyes he could see again and everything changed, even his name changed to Paul. He now had a new outlook on life and a fresh start. He had a radical transformation  compelled him to use the zeal and obsession he used to kill Christians, to now preach the uncompromising Gospel truths about Jesus and to convert Christians. That is what transformation is about.

Paul’s teachings have taught me how to transform my life by living holy, pressing on through adversities and to keep moving toward my destiny.  I have experienced marked changes in many areas of my life, for the better.  Everyone can choose to live a transformed life, through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

 There was a point in my spiritual life where I felt dissatisfied with my church, life, many people and things around me.  I felt as though I was slipping away from the relationship I once had with the Lord and the truth that I once thought knew so deeply.  It seemed I had been surrounded by dark clouds that got darker and darker every-day.  My spirit was dying and my health was failing. The hope that I had about life and purpose did not feel exciting anymore. I hated being in that place and I decided not to live another day like that. A thorough self-evaluation and a shift in paradigm- dying to self daily is still the answer for me.   But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33).

Copyright © July 2012, Pauline Lewinson


No comments:

Post a Comment