Friday, July 27, 2012

TRANSFORMING OUR PRAYER LIVES


Let’s Pray For Our Children  

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men
Timothy 2:1.

As I knelt this morning to pray, I asked the Lord what He would like for me to write in my Blog today. He said to pray for children. After praying, my husband and I got ready to go to the Fitness Center. As we drove there, I was playing back in my mind, “Pray for children today, and this thought came: “my son starts school in two weeks, so I’ll write a blog about praying for children the day before he goes back to school.”

 I got to the aerobics class and my Instructor shared that her children are returning to school today, so I decided that, today instead of two weeks from today, I will write a blog and ask for others to pray for children as they return to school.

I got home, walked our dog, took my shower and turned the television on to watch a Re-run of the Let’s Pray program on the Hope Channel, while I prepared breakfast. For the first time I was hearing about the shooting of the Jewish children and teacher that took place at a French school six days ago. This further solidifies the fact that I do need to write this blog expeditiously.

“It is PRAYER that unites hearts. It is PRAYER to the Great Physician to heal the soul that will bring the blessing of God. PRAYER unites us with one another and with God. PRAYER brings Jesus to our side, and gives new strength and fresh grace to the fainting, perplexed soul to overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil. PRAYER turns aside the attacks of Satan” (Our High Calling, p. 177).

Day by day we are bombarded with news of the evil acts that are taking place in this world. But our Creator says: If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).

This is a promise that we need to act upon. We must believe that God means what He says and trust that He will do it. So would you please join me as I pray for our children?

Dearest Heavenly Father, I thank You for loving our children so very much, that you want the best for them, as we do. As they return to school, please protect them and keep them safe in their travelling to and from school, on the school compounds and in the school buildings. I ask that You forgive them of their sins and help them to draw close to You, knowing that they can find everything they need is in You. Let them understand that Jesus died for them and He will wash their sins away, fill them with His Holy Spirit, give them freedom to choose every day and hope to live for tomorrow. Help them to make the right choices and make learning their priority. Inspire their parents to teach them in the way they should go, with correct example, discipline and love. Bless the teachers, protect and empower them with wisdom as they provide instruction to the children. Thank you for answering this prayer as I pray it in Jesus’ name-Amen.

Would you like to experience the life changing power of prayer? Log onto www.facebook.com/let’sprayand engage in the community that is praying for the world twenty-four seven.

Copyright © July 2012, Pauline Lewinson





No comments:

Post a Comment