Monday, November 28, 2011

What Is Transformation?




The Webster’s online dictionary has eleven definitions of the word transformation, because it is a multifaceted word. I have selected the two most appropriate meanings for the type of transformation of which I usually I write.

(1) The act of transforming, or the state of being transformed; change of form or condition

(2) A change in disposition, heart, character, or the like; conversion

Transformation is often associated with the process of a butterfly. I had the privilege of going on a Field Trip with my son to the Tucson Botanical Gardens; “America’s only live tropical butterfly exhibit.” There I witnessed the most miraculous transformation. The garden is designed with a climate-controlled green-house specifically for the reproduction and preservation of butterflies. There is a beautiful array of butterflies from eleven countries.

I was fortunate to stand by and watched a butterfly emerged from its cocoon. This experience solidifies for me how the science of the process of the Butterfly can be compared to the process life of a human being. As human beings, we are in a continuous process of transformations, whether in a bad or good way.

Here is what I gleaned from that experience: The Larvae or egg of a butterfly pitches on a leaf where it stays and feeds for about two weeks, it then turns into a caterpillar. After awhile, the caterpillar attaches itself head down to a convenient twig, then it sheds its outer coat and begins its process of transformation first into a pupa or chrysalis. This process is completed in a few hours. In approximately two weeks the caterpillar completes the miraculous transformation into a beautiful adult butterfly

As we see, transformation does not just happen overnight. It is a process which takes place over a period of time. As with the butterfly, anyone or anything can be transformed. I have read and heard many stories of people whose lives have been transformed. Any area of a person’s life can be reframed, whether it is physical, emotional spiritual, social or financial. All it takes is discovering that there is an area of need, re-thinking and making a decision to have a shift in paradigm, putting a plan in action, and surrendering to the process. With this in place, with a determination and focused attention you can be unstoppable, because all things are possible.

Can you think of a thing or some things in your life that you are not satisfied; whether habits or situations? If not you personally, do you know of anyone who does? Are you, a friend, family or acquaintance stuck in uncertainties, feelings of despair, disappointment or helplessness? Life does not have to remain that way for anyone.

The possibility of re-tweaking, re-thinking and re-doing is waiting for you. Ask yourself what do I really want my life to reflect? Reclaim you identity. Stop believing the lies of the enemy and reframe your perception of yourself, affirm yourself as to who you really are. For example you may say, “I am a child of the King of kings and I am created in His image and likeness! I am happy! I am love! I am letting go of all false perceptions! I am cooperating with the Holy Spirit to teach me and help me make all the changes that I need to make so that I can live the abundant life. Find all the positive affirmations that you can imagine, speak them over your life and over the lives of your family members.

Let The Power of Transformation help you to cooperate with your Higher Power as He revitalizes, restores and releases you to evolve and live life to its fullest.

Pauline Lewinson
http://www.spptc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment