Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Mission Trip To Honduras- Part 2

I enjoyed being in another culture, sharing with the people in love, food and conversations; even through there was a language barrier- Love covers a multitude of things. I can say the best papayas and the biggest guavas I have had were in Choluteca. Interestingly enough, everyone wants to learn English and everyone wants to learn Spanish, so we often had even exchanges.

The people are very friendly, loving, kind and respectable. It was difficult to part or even to say hasta luego. They became our families, away from our families. When it was time to depart, there were tears. I miss the adults, but I miss the children even more. I wished I did not have to leave them. However, it is comforting to know that if I do not see them in Honduras again. I will see them in heaven later.

One thing I wish I had started before this trip was to learn more Spanish. I would suggest; if you are planning to visit a country, learn as much as you can about the culture and the language. Having some knowledge of the people and their culture is only wise. It will make you feel more comfortable and the people will feel better about communicating with you.

Now, I have dreams of the people a, a desire to learn their language and hope of seeing them again, so that I might interact with them better. I look forward to going on another mission trip in the very near future.
If you would like to donate to a Honduran orphanage visit: www.casaderoc.org.

Pauline Lewinson
http://Globalministryofhope.org

No comments:

Post a Comment